We are pleased to present our FREE quarterly report through the following link: E-Score Celebrity Report. The comprehensive report offers a look at the top performing celebrity trends in 2023 and what we can expect for the remainder of the year.
The topics covered in this report showcase the limitless ways E-Score Celebrity can help guide your key decisions on talent, endorsements, and critical trends, including:
- The E-Score Octagon: Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg
- The Barbie Effect
- Super Endorsers: A Powerful Tool for Engaging Consumers
- Gen Z and the Changing Face of Celebrity
- Favorite Athletes
- Pharma Goes Hollywood: Celebrity x Brand
E-Score Celebrity has been tracking celebrities, athletes, and newsmakers for 20+years with over 13,000 currently in our database. Here are few brief highlights:
The E-Score Octagon: Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg
Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg have been embroiled in a public dispute since 2016. While it appears their face-to-face match in the Octagon may not happen, we decided to see who would win in the venue of public opinion. We utilized E-Score Celebrity to compare the two billionaire innovators among the general population aged 13 and above.
- Despite the recent focus on Elon Musk’s challenges at X (formerly Twitter), his sizable fan base from endeavors like Tesla and SpaceX gives him an edge over Mark Zuckerberg.
- It’s not all good news though, both moguls have seen a decline in their E-Score compared to 5 years ago.
- Negative attributes such as being perceived as Annoying, Fake, and Over-Exposed have surged beyond the average by double-digit for both individuals. This evolving perception underscores a shift in how the public views these influential figures.
The Barbie Effect
The Barbie movie has proven to be a massive success which can be attributed to the iconic brand, creative team, and star-studded cast, all of which contributed to its resonance with diverse audiences.
Using E-Score Celebrity, we assessed the film’s influence on the ratings of the three central stars—Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and America Ferrera—conducting the evaluation one month following the film’s release.
The Barbie movie stood out as a prime collaborative venture of the year, attracting many brands from diverse sectors eager to capitalize on it’s blockbuster status.
Leveraging E-Score Brand, we examined the franchise’s refreshed profile following the film’s release and its strategic collaborations with Krispy Kreme and Airbnb.
- Krispy Kreme, which launched Barbie-themed treats, scored well in Nostalgic, Classic, and Wholesome qualities.
- Airbnb featured a Ken-themed Malibu mansion stay for two winners and exceeded average scores for Trend-Setter, Inspirational, and Innovative attributes.
Gen Z and the Changing Face of Celebrity
In today’s digital era, Gen Z is redefining the concept of ‘celebrity’. Now, a relatable tweet or an impactful vlog can catapult an individual to stardom, or doom. For Gen Z, social media stars are today’s content creators.
We used E-Score Celebrity to analyze popular influencers and identify their closest traditional celebrity counterparts based on Awareness and three key metrics: Level of Fandom, Endorsement Potential, and Social Media Buzz among Gen Z.
- Starting with the top YouTuber, MrBeast, Forbes estimated his 2022 earnings at $54 million. His Awareness score of 67, tied with Jake Paul, is the highest among Gen Z content creators. The closest traditional celebrities in terms of Awareness and key metrics are LeBron James, Billie Eilish, Ryan Reynolds, Rihanna, and Jenna Ortega.
- Addison Rae, with over 88 million TikTok followers, has successfully transitioned into music, TV, and film. Her debut pop EP, “AR,” dropped in August 2023, and she will star in Eli Roth’s horror film, “Thanksgiving,” in November 2023. Her closest traditional Gen Z-matched celebrities are Adele, Sandra Bullock, Sofia Vergara, George Clooney, and Anna Kendrick.
Download the full free celebrity report to get more details on these and many other important trends for 2023.
The E-Score Platform
Our E-Score Platform gives you Trends, Endorsement & Fan Scores, Social Media Buzz, NPS and much more based on the product or products. When E-Score products are paired, advertisers, brands and the creative community own a powerful interface allowing them fine-tune their content and campaigns.
How do our clients use the E-Score Platform?
Your suite platform includes the E-Score products below which are designed to work harmoniously to provide the answers marketing, network and advertising executives rely on.
Depending on your specific needs, you can simply purchase a single E-Score, license an individual product, or gain access to the suite options below: