Insights For The Upcoming Festival Season and More
With Coachella kicking off music festival season, we are focusing on the impact of music artists as tastemakers for the sought-after young consumer market. Brands partner with music artists to showcase their styles, trends, and to connect with the artist’s fan base in an engaging and authentic way.
Using E-Score Celebrity and E-Score Music, we take a closer look at today’s most impactful music artists among consumers under 35.
HIP-HOP/R&B: Kendrick Lamar
The following are 20 impact Hip-Hop and R&B artists among consumers under 35. Each artist scores 10+ points above the Music Artist Category Average for fan passion and endorsement power (ranked by Endorsement Score).
Kendrick Lamar: Fan Score (+36), Endorsement Score (+44), Influential (+12)
- Hip-Hop Headliner: One of the most impactful Hip-Hop stars today is Kendrick Lamar. The album Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers was Spotify’s most streamed rap album of 2022 with 1.4 billion streams and won the 2023 Grammy for Best Rap Album.
- Younger consumers love experiential marketing and Kendrick will be a big draw for brands as he is set to headline five U.S. music festivals in 2023 (Bonnaroo, Governors Ball, Life Is Beautiful, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands).
- Apparel giant Nike has looked to capitalize on Kendrick’s strong level of influence and all the exposure that he brings. The pair recently collaborated on a new Shox shoe design that Kendrick showcased at the Grammys.
- Who’s Next: Here are 5 Hip-Hop and R&B artists who are trending up both musically and as potential endorsers.
- Jhene Aiko (+7)
- Jack Harlow (+4)
- H.E.R. (+4)
- Steve Lacy (+2)
- 6LACK (+2)
POP: Taylor Swift
The following are 20 impact Pop artists among consumers under 35. Each artist scores 10+ points above the Music Artist Category Average for fan passion and endorsement power (ranked by Endorsement Score).
Taylor Swift: Fan Score (+26), Endorsement Score (+42), Activist (+6)
- Vocal Leader: When it comes to artists who strive to push the boundaries in both music and social advocacy, Taylor Swift is a name that frequently stands out at the top of the list.
- Sofia Carson (+5)
- Joji (+5)
- Dove Cameron (+4)
- Pink Pantheress (+4)
- Sabrina Carpenter (+2)
MUSIC BANDS: Blink-182
Using E-Score Music, we’ve identified 10 bands with strong appeal among consumers under 35. Each band has a Net Appeal score of +10 or higher (ranked by Net Appeal).
- Staying Power: It’s not surprising to see a legacy artist such as Blink-182 post a 30+ point Net Appeal margin thanks to over three decades as a leader in pop-punk music.
- Blink- 182’s longevity offers the power of nostalgia, and with streaming services, discovering their music has become easier and more accessible for a new generation of fans.
- In a surprise move, Blink-182 made their highly anticipated return at the 2023 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and the original trio of Mark Hoppus, Travis Barker, and Tom DeLonge will then embark on an extensive world tour in May that includes an appearance at Lollapalooza.
As music festival season kicks off, it’s clear that music collaborations are a key driver of influence. Using E-Score Celebrity and E-Score Music, brands can easily identify the most impactful artists to partner with as they help showcase artists’ unique styles and advocacy to build a more authentic and relatable image with young consumers.
The E-Score Platform
Our E-Score Platform gives you Trends, Endorsement Scores, Social Media Buzz, NPS, Fan Scores, and much more based on the product or products. When E-Score products are paired, advertisers, brands and the creative community own a powerful interface allowing them fine tune their content and campaigns.
How do our clients use the E-Score Platform?
Your suite platform includes the E-Score products below which are designed to work harmoniously to provide the answers marketing, network and advertising executives rely on.
Depending on your specific needs, you can simply purchase a single E-Score, license an individual product, or gain access to the suite options below: