We are pleased to present the E-Score Brand Report – July 2022.
This comprehensive report is now available through the following link: E-Score Brand Report, and offers a look at the top performing brand trends of 2022 and what we can expect in the coming year.
The topics covered in this report showcase the limitless ways E-Score Brand can help guide your key decisions on talent, endorsements, and critical trends, including:
- Competitive Landscape: Social Media Brands
- Competitive Landscape: Social Beauty Brands
- Best Content for Streaming?
- Brand X Celebrity: Tesla X Elon Musk
- Brand X Celebrity: Dior X Johnny Depp – Pre/Post Trial Impact
- Brand X Brand: Domino’s and Stranger Things
- MRI/E-Score Fusion API To Complete Your Talent Profile
A few highlights from the report:
Is Elon Musk the Right Spokesperson for Tesla?
Elon Musk and Tesla are synonymous but attention has shifted mostly to Musk. Recent numbers show his appeal has waned and is causing potential headaches for the brand, its employees and investors. His ‘on again/off again’ Twitter pursuit, his spat with AOC on Twitter, and his controversial takes on politics, gender identity, sexual harassment, cryptocurrency, and offspring have resulted in a rise in Elon’s negative personal score and may be reaching its tipping point.
Conversely, Johnny Depp has seen his favorability rise after the public trial against Amber Heard. After losing a number of endorsements, the brands that stuck with him like Dior are now reaping the benefits as his stock continues to rise.
- Depp has seen a seven-point rise in Trustworthy and a twelve-point jump in Awareness. He has also benefited from bumps in Appeal, Funny, Cool, and Credible among other attributes.
Best Performing Social Media Brands?
Understanding how any brand performs by generation is the key to building a successful marketing strategy. In this report we look at which social media brands perform best among Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X and Boomers and what about these brands attracts each demographic.
- TikTok is the dominant force among Gen Z. Since its launch in 2016, TikTok has grown into an entertainment and brand powerhouse among this highly desired demographic. Viral challenges (dance, cooking, hacks, etc.) and product user reviews have turned TikTok into a trend-setting giant.
- While Elon Musk’s bid to acquire former leader Twitter has been a bumpy ride at best, the hype that comes along with it might just be what Twitter needs. Twitter has carved out a role as a source for hot news topics, particularly when events are happening in real-time. It performs above the average across all four generations for the attribute “Informative.”
Which Social Beauty Brands Are Gaining Momentum?
In this age of digital consumerism, the beauty category has become hyper competitive with a wide variety of brands pushing innovation, fun, and sustainability to try and generate buzz-worthy moments on social media. They have exhibited an expertise in this area that many other brands need to catch up to.
- ColourPop Cosmetics is a brand that is thriving by targeting pop culture brands and their built-in fan bases with fun makeup mashup collections featuring franchises such as Star Wars (The Mandalorian, Darth Vader, and the 1977 original film), candy such as Peeps, and sports such as the NBA.
- Among intense competition in the beauty space, Glossier has developed a cult following especially among younger consumers.
- Glossier has recently sought the help of two fast rising pop stars to connect with consumers. Olivia Rodrigo was tapped as their first ever beauty ambassador and Kehlani will front their exclusive No 1. Pencil Eyeliner on YouTube’s new “Shoppable Shorts” feature.
What is the Best Content for Streaming?
We are firmly entrenched in the age of streaming with a vast amount of content spread across an abundance of platforms. With churn becoming more and more commonplace, the marketplace remains as competitive as ever with streamers mining new, old, and unique intellectual property for content. We explore potential entertainment franchises that could find a home in streaming.
- Any streamer would be smart to utilize IP that taps into successful content with built in fan bases. Ghost of Tsushima is at least 10% above the Video Game Franchise average for important brand metrics: Appeal, Cool, Entertaining, Popular with people I know, and nearly double the average for Would Try New Products.
- Today’s videogames have strong storylines, developed characters, and massive universe expansion potential that is tailormade to be adapted by Hollywood. Streamers can look to take advantage of franchises such as Far Cry that are seen as Entertaining and Unique or a Cool franchise such as Metal Gear Solid.
- Wrestling fans can currently watch WWE pay-per-views for free with a subscription to Peacock. AEW (All Elite Wrestling) has proven to be an exciting alternative to WWE and a potential subscriber boost for a streamer.
These and more are covered in more detail in our FREE quarterly report. Download our E-Score Brand Report to explore the possibilities of what E-Score Brand, along with its simple brand dashboard and robust data capabilities, can do for you.
The E-Score Platform
Within our overall E-Score Platform, you can also get trends, Endorsement Scores, Social Media Buzz, NPS, Fan Scores, and much more based on the product. When E-Score products are paired, advertisers, brands and the creative community can fine tune their content and campaigns.
How do our clients use the E-Score Platform?
Your suite platform includes the E-Score products below which are designed to work harmoniously to provide the answers marketing, network and advertising executives rely on.