Using E-Score Brand, we delve into some of the most pressing questions surrounding today’s streaming landscape and how various age groups may shape the next few years.
Since 2013, E-Poll has been tracking streaming programs, services, and user behavior. Our E-Score Suite is uniquely designed to not only provide insights to all aspects of the streaming ecosystem but to break those insights down by specific age groups.
What Drives Appeal of Streaming Services by Age?
We identify the top streaming service KPIs that drive Appeal among Gen Z, Millennials, and Gen X and uncover which streamers perform best in these key attributes.
- Crunchyroll and Twitch are the only two streaming platforms aside from Disney+ to score among the top services in multiple attributes among Gen Z. Crunchyroll leads in Entertaining and Exciting while Twitch leads in Cool and Fun.
- Millennials assign more positive attributes to the streaming service category (13), than other generational groups. Disney+ leads SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand) services with seven appearances in the top two services by attribute while Twitch leads FAST (Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV) services with three.
- Informative, Unique, Innovative, and A Leader are all attributes that drive streaming service Appeal among Millennials and Gen X but don’t weigh as heavily for the younger Gen Z age group.
Top Fandom Changes Year-Over-Year
Tracking how fandom changes over time is crucial for streaming brands to accurately evaluate themselves and their competitors. With E-Score Brand, we measured how Fandom changed among SVOD streaming brands from 2021 to 2022 across different age groups. (Q1 2021 vs Q1 2022)
- Paramount+, which rebranded from CBS All Access in 2021, has seen the most significant growth in Fandom among Millennials and Gen X, leading all other streaming brands in growth for those two age groups and showing positive change among Gen Z.
- HBO Max had the biggest jump in Fan scores from 30 in 2021 to 53 in 2022 among Gen Z, an indicator that the streaming giant has successfully appealed to a younger demographic with its latest content, including one of HBO’s most watched shows, Euphoria.
Which Smaller Streaming Services Pack the Biggest Punch?
Everyone knows who the big players are in the world of streaming but some of the smaller services with below average Awareness are packing a strong punch with above average Brand Consideration. With streaming bundles looking like the trend of the future, E-Score Brand is the perfect tool to evaluate potential partner brands or competitors. Let’s look at their Brand Consideration and top attributes to see how they align or compare to your own.
- VUDU is the only brand to score above average Consideration among all three age groups we measured. The FAST streaming service has Practical, Reliable, and Entertaining as top attributes for Gen Z, Millennials, and Gen X, respectively.
- The free streaming service, Pluto TV, holds the top Consideration score for both Millennials and Gen X, and would hold the top spot among Gen Z as well if not for its above average Awareness that disqualifies it from that list.
- Amazon, which already owns one of the SVOD giants, Amazon Prime Video, is rebranding its FAST streaming solution, IMDb TV to Amazon Freevee. The soon to be rebranded streaming service generates above average Consideration scores for both Gen Z and Millennials. We will continue to track Amazon Freevee to see how its rebranding performs over time.
Which Streaming Brands Are Generating Positive Buzz?
E-Score Brand now includes data from consumers who were asked if they heard anything positive about a brand in the past month. Below are the top streaming brands generating positive buzz among different age groups:
E-Score Brand is a powerful tool that can unlock the mystery of the streaming market and can provide invaluable information to inform your streaming strategy. When used alongside the entire E-Score Platform, you tap an unmatched resource that advertisers, brands, and the creative community can use to guide their content and campaigns.
We offer a number of options for you to choose from. You can subscribe to a single product, purchase an E-Score individually, or take advantage of our NEW E-Score Platform tiers below.
Your suite platform includes the E-Score products below which are designed to work harmoniously to provide the answers marketing, network and advertising executives rely on.