We are pleased to announce the 2020 E-Score Brand Report, now available as a free download through the following link: CLICK HERE.
In this report, we tackle current issues from the world of media, entertainment and brand marketing, including these hot topics:
- Entertainment Franchises: Streaming “Powerhouses”
- Crisis Messaging Impact on Brands
- Brand PFI: Who Are Your Passionate Fans?
- Direct to Consumer vs. Traditional Brands: Who Wins?
- The Rise of Video Call Services During the Pandemic
- Streaming Wars: Service Awareness and Trial Interest
- Hard Seltzer Brand Performance Among Consumers Age 21+
- Product Category Interest Among Streamers
The E-Score Brand Report is a regular quarterly benefit for subscribers, combining the insight of E-Poll’s experienced research team with data from E-Score Brand’s monthly survey database featuring more than 2,700 national brands and counting.
Significant Upgrade to E-Score Brand
We took what was working and added a number of key measures and updates to make E-Score brand the most informative, timely and cost effective brand measurement tool on the market. Here are a few of the improvements we’re adding that will be available later this year:
- Brand Buzz – heard anything positive or negative about the brand in the past month.
- Net Promoter Score – identifies brand Promoters, Passives and Detractors.
- Social Media Engagement – how does the brand engage with consumers through social media?
- Brand Superfans – who are your most passionate fans?
- Brand Status – who’s hot, who has peaked, and who’s on the rise?
- A list of Attributes and Attachment Statements updated for today’s consumers.
The following are some of the key observations from our full report:
Streaming Wars: Service Awareness and Trial Interest
As the streaming wars kick into high gear, we take a look at the current landscape (both established services and new services are included) when it comes to Awareness and Interest in Trying the Service. Who’s positioned for success, and who needs to catch up?Need Axis labels – assuming all service names will appear
- Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and Hulu are the pack leaders in both Awareness and Trial Interest.
- Disney+ and their built-in vault of popular properties has helped the new service rise quickly among consumers.
- Apple TV+, CBS All Access, Facebook Watch, HBO Max, Quibi, Peacock will look to break through as their services launch and continue to roll out new content.
Direct to Consumer vs. Traditional Brands? Who Wins?
DTC brands are presenting serious challenges to traditional brands and giving them a run for their consumers. Established brands are now adapting and modernizing by taking on DTC principles. Whether your brand is a challenger or an incumbent, E-Score Brand makes you aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each brand.
- Although LensCrafters has a strong advantage over Warby Parker in Awareness (LensCrafters 49%, Warby Parker 8%), the DTC brand leads in many key attributes such as Appeal, Innovative and High–Quality.
- However, LensCrafters is stronger in Trustworthy, Credible and Family–Friendly, suggesting that targeting the family market, where people are purchasing eyewear not just for themselves, may be a profitable strategy.
Entertainment Franchises: Streaming “Powerhouses”
Streaming services like Apple TV+, Disney+, Peacock, and HBO Max are all gearing up for a streaming war showdown and preparing lineups of content to appeal to consumers. To get a sense of which of these services will have the upper hand, we looked at which entertainment franchises have the highest brand equity among streamers.
- While Wizarding World has lower Awareness than the other featured franchises, strong equity among Harry Potter fans brings it to the top of the list. This franchise is a good choice to draw younger viewers.
- Disney franchises dominate the top 10 with Indiana Jones, The Lion King, Star Wars, Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel superheroes.
- With the hitman John Wick nabbing a spot in the top 3, it’s no surprise to see a spinoff series (The Continental) coming to Starz, where viewers will get to see more of this franchise and its characters on the smaller screen.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity and download our FREE 2020 E-Score Brand report to view the complete data previewed above. To find out how your brand ranks, or for any other brand questions and comments, please contact us directly at 877-MY-EPOLL or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to utilize these infographics in your social shares or other uses. To download, simply click the images and right-click, or pull the full sized images.