We are excited to share some highlights from our E-Score Celebrity 2018 Annual Report, which breaks down the trends in celebrity marketing, and provides the details you need to know. To see what’s included in the report and to download a sample, click here.
The 2018 edition includes:
- Most Appealing / Least Appealing Celebrities
- Celebrities: Biggest Gains / Biggest Declines
- Up & Comers
- Favorite Celebrities Among Ethnic Groups
- Cardi B vs Nicki Minaj – A case study from MRI/E-Score Celebrity Fusion
- The full report includes 39 pages of data, analyses and trends
Superheroes/Fantasy Take Over 2018
More so than in years past, fantasy series and superhero movies dominated the box office and living rooms across the country in 2018 and this is reflected clearly in the number of those stars who made our list.
- Gal Gadot, known for her lead role in Wonder Woman, is the most Appealing Superhero on the list, and third-most Appealing woman overall, behind the legendary Betty White and Carol Burnett.
- Aside from Wonder Woman, the rest of the celebrities portraying superheroes on the most appealing list are all from Marvel franchises like Black Panther, The Avengers, and Deadpool.
- While the entire fantasy genre has had a strong 2018, Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) stand out because their show, Game of Thrones, remained off the air for all of 2018. Their presence on the list reveals the level of anticipation for GOT’s return in 2019.
2018 saw widespread box office success for projects with more ethnically inclusive cast members. Films like Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians broke ground for this trend bringing in bigger and broader audiences, and our data confirms Americans are favoring diversity more than ever before.
- The 2018 report saw an increase of 26% from 2017 in racial diversity among talent featured.
- The stars of box office hits Crazy Rich Asians and Black Panther are well-represented throughout the report along with talent from many other platforms such as TV stars (Blackish, This Is Us), Athletes, Rap/R&B artists, Magicians, and Comedians.
- With more than 60% of the Up & Comers talent list being racially diverse, the trend of greater inclusivity looks like it will continue.
- Henry Golding burst onto the scene in 2018 as the charming lead of the hit film Crazy Rich Asians. He’s joined on list by his co-star in the film, Constance Wu. He then became the first Asian named as one of GQ magazine’s men of the year. He’ll join Matthew McConaughey and Colin Farrell in Guy Ritchie’s next film, Toff Guys.
- Tiffany Haddish has been on fire since her breakout role in the film Girls Trip. In 2018, she was included in the Time magazine list of 100 most influential people in the world. She currently stars in the TBS comedy The Last O.G. and already has four films lined up for 2019.
With media expanding through social media and various distribution platforms, more celebrities were able to connect directly with their fans than ever before in 2018. The math is simple: the more often you can display your talent (as actor/comedian/athlete, etc.), the better chance you have to rise above the clutter.
- Over half of the celebrities (55%) on our various “favorite” lists are multi-threat talents.
- 34% of multi-talented celebrities have a background in comedy or music, plus acting.
- Some of the rising multi-threat talent that had success in 2018 include recent Grammy-winners Donald Glover (actor, comedian, musician, and director), and Lady Gaga (singer, actress).
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s talents know no bounds and he was awarded the Kennedy Center Honor in 2018 for his lifetime of contributions to American culture. His latest role as Jack in the musical fantasy Mary Poppins Returns earned him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor-Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
- What can’t Donald Glover do? His talents were on full display across a variety of platforms in 2018, from his hit show Atlanta, to winning a Grammy for Redbone, releasing the #1 hip hop hit This Is America, and starring as Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Non-subscribers who wish to gain access to the full report, or for any questions regarding E-Score Celebrity, please contact email@example.com.
Feel free to utilize these infographics in your social shares or other uses. To download, simply click the images and right-click, or pull the full sized images.