In a time of polarized opinions, many people check in on celebrities to see if they align with their beliefs. Now more than ever, it is crucial for brands to understand and collaborate with celebrities who can not only represent a product, but whose message can deliver a broader impact.
Using a combination of key attributes from E-Score Celebrity including Influential, Appeal and Relatable, we created an Impactful score to identify and rank the celebrities capable of impacting consumer attitudes.
- Former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama are among the top three most Impactful celebrities despite leaving the White House in 2017. Barack Obama is the only elected US politician to land in the top 20 most Impactful.
- Six billionaires land in the top ten most Impactful, led by Oprah Winfrey. Winfrey and her The Color Purple director Steven Spielberg are the only entertainment industry billionaires represented.
- In a list dominated by businesspeople and TV personalities, J.K. Rowling is the only author to crack the top 20 most Impactful.
Ranking Impact for Younger Consumers
When targeting younger consumers, these are the most Impactful celebrities among Americans under age 25.
- Musicians are more Impactful among younger demographics. Two musicians, as well as three actors with prominent musical careers make the top ten among consumers under 25. The rapper Logic takes the overall top spot. In comparison, Lin-Manuel Miranda is the only musician who makes the top ten among total population.
- More female celebrities are considered Impactful by Americans under age 25 (11 of the top 20) as compared to the total population (7 of the top 20). For our list of most Impactful women from March, click here.
- Age is no obstacle to impactfulness. Zendaya (age 22) and Stan Lee (age 95) are both considered highly Impactful among those under age 25.
2018 Primetime Emmy Awards
With the 2018 Emmys happening this week, these are some of the most impactful celebrities nominated this year.
- Donald Glover is the most Impactful of the Emmy nominees with a score of 24 and is nominated for his series Atlanta. His viral release of the highly political song, This is America, as his alter ego, Childish Gambino, is likely boosting his Impactful score.
- This Is Us stars, Sterling K. Brown and Milo Ventimiglia are the top two most Impactful nominees in the Lead Actor in a Drama Series category.
- Of the two show hosts, Michel Che holds a slightly Impactful score of 10, with Colin Jost right behind at 9.
Feel free to utilize these infographics in your social shares or other uses. To download, simply click the images and right-click, or pull the full sized images.