To demonstrate the flexibility and usability of E-Score Brand for cable networks during the “upfronts,” we picked several attributes among the 18-49 demographic to showcase what cable networks can do to exhibit their strengths and unique value for advertisers.
- Cable Network A is a family-oriented network with children’s programming. Solely on Appeal, they Rank 9th among all other cable networks but when viewing their Family-Friendly attribute – a much more relevant measurement for their brand – they score highest (63) among all cable networks.
- Different attributes can also be used to complement each other and help paint a clear picture for a cable network’s advertiser targets. Cable Network A also scores first in Fun (51) and is in the top 10 cable networks in Entertaining (44).
- E-Score Brand can also be used to isolate specific demographics within those same categories. Cable Network A ranks in the top 5 in both Family-Friendly and Fun among millennials.
To further demonstrate how a cable network can utilize E-Score Brand we looked at the Informative attribute, and Cable Network Z – a network primarily showing educational programming to an older demographic. Compared to Cable Network A, Cable Network Z scored much higher in categories important to its particular brand.
- Cable Network Z scored highest in Informative (54) among all cable networks and tied with one of their direct competitors – Cable Network Y.
- When advertisers view a competitive set of brands for the right environment, E-Score Brand provides the valuable information at their fingertips. Cable Network Z is able to see that it ranks higher than Y in important attributes like A Leader, High-Quality and Influential.
- E-Score Brand can also be used to identify key areas where the competition is performing better. Cable Network Y outperforms Cable Network Z as a Classic network.
The Voice of the Viewer
Attributes are not the only way a cable network and advertisers can use E-Score Brand. Agreement Statements and Open Ends are unique features that give a brand further insight, directly connecting with the opinions of their consumers.
- When asked if they Would Recommend to Friends/Family, Cable Network A scored a 54%, ranking it in the top 3 among all cable networks.
- When asked to describe Cable Network A, consumers say, “Has good programming for the little ones of the house” and “My kid’s favorite channel. I feel comfortable with them watching it.”
- When asked “What is the first thought that comes to mind when you see the name of this brand?” Cable Network Z viewers said “Educational and entertaining programs” and “Leader in the field of information.”
Feel free to utilize these infographics in your social shares or other uses. To download, simply click the images and right-click, or pull the full sized images.