E-Score® Celebrity, the definitive measuring stick for celebrity equity, is uniquely positioned to capture trends affecting the celebrity and entertainment marketplace. Among the nearly 10,000 celebrities in our database, here are the individuals with the biggest jump in their Appeal scores over the past year.
- The biggest gainer in Appeal is Donald Glover, who clearly reaped the benefits of his FX show, Atlanta, and his musical persona, Childish Gambino. His Like A Lot score jumped by 16-points to 42% during 2017. For more on Glover, see our profile here.
- Wonder Woman’s box office success and popularity catapulted Gal Gadot’s Appeal into the stratosphere. She posted an impressive 15-point increase to 44% Like A Lot since 2016. This combined with a near-tripling of her Awareness from 8% to 23%.
- The third-highest gainer of 2017 was Alicia Keys who parlayed a winning spot as a coach on The Voice into a 12-point boost to her Like A Lot score (now 34%).
2017 was also a year filled with controversy for the entertainment industry. Here are the biggest declines in Like A Lot for 2017.
- Kevin Spacey and Louis C.K. were two names involved in sexual misconduct allegations in 2017. Spacey had a 24-point drop to a 6% Like A Lot, while Louis C.K. fell 17 points to 6% as well.
- Carmelo Anthony is the only athlete in the top ten biggest decliners. His switch from New York Knicks to the Oklahoma City Thunder most likely contributed to his 13-point drop in Like A Lot.
- The Fast and Furious star, Tyrese Gibson, took to social media to publicize issues with his co-star. This and his domestic situation are potential reasons for his 13-point drop in Like A Lot.
Top Celebrities – E-Score and Appeal
In our database of nearly 10,000 celebrities, only a small percentage have an E-Score of 95 and higher. The E-Score takes into account Awareness, Appeal, and Negative Appeal, combining them into one overall measure of marketability. In 2017, there were just over 200 celebrities who crossed the 95 E-Score threshold. Here are the top ten ranked by Appeal. Click through for an extended list on our blog.
- The top spot belongs to the oldest celebrity on our list, Betty White, who is 96 years old. She holds an impressive E-Score of 100 and a Like A Lot of 53.
- Chris Pratt, who is in the top five of our list, had the largest boost in Awareness (+12 points) probably due in large part to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Idris Elba has the lowest Awareness (30) on our list though he has a high Like A Lot score of 42% which is one of the reasons his E-Score is 95. With starring roles in four feature films in 2017, Elba saw his Awareness increase by 6 points.
With a database of nearly 10,000 celebrities spanning over ten years, E-Score Celebrity allows agencies, brands, and advertisers the ability to strategize campaigns or make important decisions more effectively. With tools like years of tracking data and filtering by various demographics, E-Score Celebrity’s versatility continues to be an invaluable resource.
Feel free to utilize these infographics in your social shares or other uses. To download, simply click the images and right-click, or pull the full sized images.